Wednesday 23 May 2018

Celebrating 5 Terrific Years Of Cinema



CELEBRATING 5 TERRIFIC YEARS OF CINEMA






After 5 very happy years, I have decided to hang up my headphones and leave my position as on-air film critic for Black Country Radio. It been an absolute honour discussing and analysing the cinema I love with the people of the West Midlands and I will forever be grateful to those many people who listened in, contributed and supported me in my efforts to fulfill my ultimate ambition. 

However before I depart from the microphone for good, I am feeling in a nostalgic mood so as a celebration of 5 wonderful years, I am naming my favourite movies by genre released over the past half decade of movie-making. Obviously my picks are unashamedly subjective and you may love or hate some the motion pictures that continue to mean so much to me. Please do comment below with your own personal choices and let us carry on talking about the magic of the movies. 

N.B Most films listed here do have individual reviews written for them. However, those that don't will be written about in their respective years top 10's.


BEST FAMILY FILM :
'Paddington 2' (2017)
Dir. Paul King



BEST SCIENCE FICTION FILM :
'Gravity' (2013)
Dir. Alfonso Cuaron



BEST DOCUMENTARY FILM :
'Life Itself' (2014)
Dir. Steve James



BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM :
'The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya' (2015)
Dir. Isao Takahata



BEST SUPERHERO FILM :
'Logan' (2017)
Dir. James Mangold



BEST ANIMATED FILM :
'Inside Out' (2015)
Dir. Pete Docter



BEST FANTASY FILM :
'A Monster Calls' (2017)
Dir. J,A Bayona



BEST ROMANCE FILM :
'Call Me By Your Name' (2017)
Dir. Luca Gaudagnino



BEST COMEDY FILM :
Dir. James Franco



BEST HORROR FILM :
'Get Out' (2017)
Dir. Jordan Peele



BEST MUSICAL :
'Sing Street' (2016)
Dir. John Carney



BEST ACTION FILM
Dir. Gareth Evans



BEST THRILLER FILM :
Dir. Paul Greengrass




BEST DRAMA :
'Room' (2015)
Dir. Lenny Abrahamson



BEST BRITISH FILM
'I, Daniel Blake' (2016)
Dir. Ken Loach




BEST FILM
'Whiplash' (2015)
Dir. Damien Chazelle



While my time with Black Country Radio has come to an end, this certainly doesn't mean my reviews have. I will still continue to write regular posts and I even have some big ideas for the future which will hopefully lend my opinions to an even wider audience. As always, thank you so much for taking the time to read my reviews and I just hope that you all continue to stick around as directors, writers and actors evolve the art of cinema in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment